There are four types of oils on the market today. Most ones labeled “pure essential oils” or even “therapeutic grade” fall into the manipulated or augmented category because it is very common practice to remove unwanted “earthier” smelling molecules for a more pleasing aroma. Young Living singles are all authentic. The oils they use in their blends are also authentic.
- Authentic (100% pure ~ Single Species) Authentic essential oils are 100% pure throughout the bottle. There are no added synthetics or other species of oils. They make up the small minority of all essential oils on the market.
- Manipulated (100% pure ~ Augmented or modified) Perfumers are often hired by oil companies to help make the final product smell more pleasing and less earthy. They will take away some of the heavier molecules using fractional distillation or add very small amounts of another species to enhance the aroma. This is a very common practice.
- Perfume (Pure + Synthetic) You will often see an essential oil labeled as “pure” when they are not. There is a percentage of pure essential oil and a percentage of synthetic to enhance the final aroma. These types of oils often cause headaches and do not have any therapeutic action.
- Synthetic (100% Synthetic) These “essential oils” are not essential oils at all. Because there are no labeling regulations on the term “essential oil,” full synthetic oils are able to be labeled as pure and sold to unsuspecting consumers to increase profit. These often smell nothing like the original plant, but they can be very close, and that is why a consumer may not know they are synthetic and have possible severe negative reactions.
Seed to Seal® “Young Living is proud to set the standard for essential oil purity and authenticity by carefully monitoring the production of our oils through our unique Seed to Seal process. From the time the seed is sourced until the oil is sealed in the bottle, we apply rigorous quality controls to ensure that you are receiving essential oils exactly the way nature intended.”
Essential oils are the volatile, fragrant molecules in a plant that actively work to help promote the regulation and healthful modification of cells. There are three ways to use essential oils: aromatically, topically, and internally. It takes only 20 minutes for an essential oil to reach every cell in your body from the time you apply them. There are around 40 trillion cells in our bodies, and one drop of essential oil contains over 40 million trillion molecules! This means every single cell in our body is covered by 1 million essential oil molecules within 20 minutes. Amazing!
Think of essential oils like little hungry PAC-MAN™ molecules that want to eat up synthetic toxins, also known as free radicals, in and on your body. Essential oils metabolize synthetics, basically eating them up and destroying them. This is why essential oils are considered excellent antioxidants. Oxidative stress is when your body has an imbalance of too many free radicals. Free radicals are molecules that contain an uneven number of electrons that essentially have the ability to damage cells and DNA. Essential oils protect your cells and DNA by helping to keep free radicals in check.
You may use essential oils in one of three ways: aromatically, topically, and internally. Each bottle is labeled for proper use. The following are some guidelines to help get you started.
AROMATIC: Smell the essential oil directly from the bottle, drip a drop into your hand and rub together then cup over nose to breathe in, or use a diffuser by adding 4-6 drops into the water to diffuse for 1-4 hours.
TOPICAL: Place a drop into your palm and rub the essential oil on the back of the neck, bottom of the feet, wrists, spine, or anywhere there is a need. Add carrier oil as needed.
INTERNAL: Only use essential oils that are labeled for consumption from the Young Living® Vitality™ line. You may add a drop or two into an empty capsule and top off with a carrier oil, use a drop under your tongue, add a drop to a glass or stainless steel water bottle, or add a drop to honey or other edible item.
There are several safety precautions to be aware of when using essential oils. It is important, first and foremost, to read the label before you use it, and keep all of your essential oils out of the reach of your children and pets.
Hot Oils Some oils are considered “hot”, which means they will feel like they are burning or stinging when applied. The most sensitive areas on our bodies are thin-skinned locations, like our faces, behind the knees, and genital areas. Essential oils should always be diluted with a carrier oil when applying to a sensitive area or people with newer skin from surgery or because they are a baby or child.
Dilution It is always the wisest choice to dilute an essential oil with a carrier oil when you are not sure. Whichever carrier you choose, all carrier oils, even the olive oil you cook with, can and should be used when an essential oil gets too “hot.” It is a good idea to have a small bottle in every room just in case. If you get an essential oil on a sensitive area, the best way to alleviate the burning sensation is to apply a carrier oil or rice milk. For instance, if you get an essential oil in your eye, do not flush it with water. You will be forcing the essential oils deeper into your eye, causing the burn to now feel like an inferno. The best thing to do is flush it with a carrier oil or cold rice or nut milk (animal milks are fine too).
Read the Label Reading the label and knowing how to use each essential oil is an important safety precaution, especially in the area of ingestion. Keep all of your essential oils away from children. Companies who are most reputable will have childproof caps on essential oils such as Wintergreen or Hyssop.
GENERAL DILUTION RATIOS
- Ages 0-1 use 1 drop to 8-10 drops carrier or more depending on the oil.
- Ages 2-6 use 1 drop to 2-4 drops carrier or more depending on the oil.
- Ages 7-11 use 1 drop to 1 drop carrier or more depending on the oil.
- Ages 12+ use as directed on the label
With Young Living essential oils you only get what the plant gives. Young Living does not create essential oils, we extract them. They are left exactly as they are intended to be: complete and whole, never altered or modified as is the case with most essential oil companies. Young Living does not fractionally distill or rectify their oils!
Fractional Distillation: a process by which unwanted molecules are pulled out of the essential oil. This is usually done to make the essential oil smell more pleasing and less earthy. These oils are modified and will not work as long or as deep as the unmodified versions. Young Living only provides true botanical essential oils!
Rectification: a process by which molecules from another species or a synthetic are added in to match the aroma of the batch to a previous batch. This changes the molecular structure of the essential oil causing it to be something other than the original. It will not work the same as an unaltered oil. Young Living does not rectify their essential oils. It is why you will get slight differences to even major differences in aroma from batch to batch. This is the beauty and fullness that God intended.
Test Yourself! You may have used other brands in the past or you know friends who use a different brand. A great way to tell if an oil is authentic is to smell them against the actual botanical plant. Ask your friend to bring a few over that you have the same species of such as Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia). Buy the same species plant at a local nursery. Crush some flowers in your fingers and place a drop of your oil in your hand. Smell the difference. Then do the same with the other brand in your friend’s hand. You will know right away which is the true botanical and which has been augmented.
Carrier oils are base oils used when you want to dilute or extend an essential oil. They are also used to make "hot" or "spicy" oils usable on more sensitive skin. The molecular makeup of carrier oils is as diverse as essential oils are. When choosing a carrier oil, look for ones that are pure, raw, organic, cold pressed, and unrefined Carrier oils last for only 3-6 months unrefrigerated or 12-24 months when refrigerated. Carrier oils like V-6™ that contain Fractionated Coconut oil can last much longer and if kept in the refrigerator can last several years. Often dermal rashes happen from allergic reactions to carriers and not the essential oils themselves. Below are a few of the many you can try.
- V-6™: A vegetable oil complex by Young Living that is excellent general use carrier.
- Grapeseed: Balancing, toning, skin smoothing, and for blemish prone skin. Good choice for face serums.
- Rosehip Seed: Nourishing and excellent for skin smoothing. Ideal in face serums for mature skin and wrinkle support.
- Sweet Almond: Nourishing and great for balancing skin tone.
- Jojoba: Technically a wax, this is great for dry skin and is very nourishing.
- Coconut: Great to remove makeup. Good for extremely dry skin.
- Fractionated Coconut: Ideal for rollerballs. The fractionation process gives this carrier a superior shelf-life over other raw carrier oils.
What Comes in the PSK
The Premium Starter Kit has a retail value of over $400 and as a brand new member you get it for only $165 including our personal one-on-one support services! You get 12 of the most loved essential oils, a beautiful diffuser, plus some amazing extras. Peppermint, Lemon, Lavender, Frankincense, Peace & Calming, Valor, DiGize, Stress Away, PanAway, Raven, Citrus Fresh, and of course Thieves.
Ordering Made Simple: With your Young Living membership, you get to order what you want when you want at 24% off retail prices. We value our loyal members by giving them extra benefits when you sign up to get a monthly wellness box through Essential Rewards. This is your easy, customizable shipment. You get to choose the products and the day it ships with discounted shipping and extra promotional items and products!
Access to 600+ products: Young Living carries over 600 essential oil infused products such as cleaning, personal care, baby care, makeup, nutrition, and a full line of supplements to meet your every need!
Get started with the Young Living family today! Contact the person who invited you to this resource for more info!
Energizing “LLP” Roller: Using a 5ml glass bottle with metal roller fitment, add 5 drops each Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint essential oils. Swirl to blend, then top off with V-6™ carrier oil. Roll behind ear on skull and down jawline on both sides as needed.
Focus Roller: Using a 5ml glass bottle with metal roller fitment, add 10 drops Stress Away™ and 5 drops Frankincense essential oils. Swirl to blend, then top off with V-6™ carrier oil. Roll on back of neck and wrists as needed.
Wellness Roller: Using a 5ml glass bottle with metal roller fitment, add 10 drops Thieves®, 5 drops Frankincense, and 2 drops Lavender essential oils. Swirl to blend, then top off with V-6™ carrier oil. Roll on back of neck, bottom of feet, and wrists as needed.
Contains oils outside the PSK
Calm Yo Butt Down Roller: Add 5 drops each of the following oils to an empty 5mL roller bottle, let synergize for 24 hours, then top off the bottle with carrier oil. Northern Lights Black Spruce, Sacred Frankincense, Vetiver, Lavender, and Cedarwood.
Add oils to the water of your diffuser.
- ENERGY: 5 drops Citrus Fresh™, 3 drops Peppermint, 2 drops PanAway®
- SLEEP: 4 drops Stress Away™ and 2 drops each Lavender and Frankincense
- STUDY SESSION: 5 drops PanAway®, 3 drops Frankincense, and 2 drops Lavender
- FRESH: 4 drops each Peppermint and Lemon
- HEALTH: 5 drops Raven™ and 3 drops Lemon
Additional Sleep Recipes
May contain oils outside of the PSK.
- 2 drops each of Frankincense, Vetiver, Lavender, and Cedarwood
- 2 drops each of Cedarwood and Lavender
- 4 drops Lime and 2 drops each of Lavender and Cedarwood
- 2 drops each of Patchouli, Ylang Ylang, and Tangerine
- 4 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce and 2 drops Sacred or Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood
- 2 drops Roman Chamomile and 4 drops each of Lavendar and Cedarwood
- 4 drops Copaiba and 2 drops each each of Sacred Frankincense and Vetiver
Layer one at a time, with a 60 second rub between each.
Rub each on back of neck.
- 1 drop PanAway®
- 1 drop Lavender
- 1 drop Peppermint
Rub each on back of neck.
- 1 drop Valor®
- 1 drop PanAway®
- 1 drop Peppermint
Rub each on back of neck.
- 2 drops Carrier
- 1 drop Thieves®
- 1 drop Frankincense
- 1 drop Lavender
Rub each on abdomen.
- 1 drop Digize™
- 1 drop Peppermint
Quality Assurance - Seed-to-Seal™
The Seed to Seal® Process
- SEED Seeds are carefully selected by experts based on the previous years crop potency and effectiveness.
- CULTIVATE Using only sustainable methods, Young Living's farming practices set the bar around the world.
- DISTILL Young Living is the largest innovator of oil distillation using several proprietary techniques.
- TEST Young Living tests all essential oils using their internal labs, and third party testing companies. They do up to 20 tests in triplicate two times during the process. Young Living's standards are higher than international standards.
- SEAL Each bottle is carefully packaged to ensure a perfect product shipped directly to you.
Get Started Today!
Now more than ever there is a true understanding of the need to detox our bodies and get healthy! Health and overall wellness seems to be on everyone's minds. Our goal is to help you obtain the true wellness you desire so you can live your best life! Connect with the person who shared this site with you or simply hit the contact us button today and start your Young Living journey!Find a Young Living Distributor